Issues sending mail with Docker container

My current docker-compose config is:

wekan:
image: mquandalle/wekan
container_name: wekan
links:

I have tested sending an e-mail from my postfix server (in MAIL_URL above), and it works. However, when I try to invite users in the application, it says sending e-mails failed. This was working previously (previous container version), but how would one recommend debugging this? The logs from docker don’t show anything regarding failed e-mails. The container can ping the mail server, but doesn’t have any utilities to test sending mail installed on it.

Update, I have also verified that I can send an e-mail from within the container by installing mailx and using the same SMTP server I have set at MAIL_URL within my compose file. At this point, I believe something must be up with the code update that was pushed to the Docker repo just a few days ago as all was well prior to updating the container.

I recently decided to try Wekan a few days ago. I have been struggling with this same issue. I really want Wekan to work for us.

Update: This is definitely a bug with the “latest” container on the Docker hub. The container tagged with “0.11.0-rc2” works with the exact same configuration as I am using with the other, and it is sending e-mails.

I had similar situation, but i could solve it.
Please try to show the admin panel with this reference.

ttps://github.com/wekan/wekan/blob/devel/CHANGELOG.md#v0111-rc2-2017-03-05-wekan-prerelease

You can set mail settings on the admin panel (in your member settings).

It took me a bit to figure it out but for TLDR purposes:

• MAIL_URL env value is ignored
  • The settings page (http://yourwekandomain/setting) can only be written by an admin user. I assumed the first created user would be admin by default, but the flag must be set manually in the wekan database in MongoDB.
  • After setting the mail server in the setting page everything worked as expected.

Many thanks @makotookamura!.

Thanks, I will give this a shot later when I get home.

I am running the Wekan Docker image. Can you tell me how to flag a user as an admin in the mongo database?

@outdoorWI

First you need to log in to the database docker image
docker exec -it <Insert_Container_Name_here> bash
you should get a serialname# as a prompt
mongo #this command is launching the CLI for mongodb
use wekan #this is the primary database of wekan, if it throws an error check available databases with the command "show dbs"
db.users.find().pretty() # this will print out the names of the existing users find the user you want to grant the admin rights to
db.users.update({username:‘USERNAME_TO_BE_ADMIN’},{$set:{isAdmin:true}})
You should get an output like :
WriteResult({ “nMatched” : 1, “nUpserted” : 0, “nModified” : 1 })
In wekan log in with the user and click on the top left to see the account settings. Admin panel should pop up as a new item