Is it possible to get this working on windows?

I already have a few apps running on my windows environment that use mongodb and node and have had no problems but when i try and start this i get the following error:

C:\wekan\bundle>node main.js
[Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\npm\cfs_gridfs\node_modules\mongodb\node_modules
\bson\build\Release\bson.node]
js-bson: Failed to load c++ bson extension, using pure JS version
C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\node_modules\fibers\future.js:245
throw(ex);
^
Error: %1 is not a valid Win32 application.
C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\npm\npm-bcrypt\node_modules\bcrypt\build\Release
\bcrypt_lib.node
at Error (native)
at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
at require (module.js:384:17)
at bindings (C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\npm\npm-bcrypt\node_modules\bcr
ypt\node_modules\bindings\bindings.js:74:15)
at Object. (C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\npm\npm-bcrypt\node_m
odules\bcrypt\bcrypt.js:3:35)
at Module._compile (module.js:460:26)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:478:10)
at Module.load (module.js:355:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:310:12)
at Module.require (module.js:365:17)
at require (module.js:384:17)
at Object.Npm.require (C:\wekan\bundle\programs\server\boot.js:162:18)
at packages/npm-bcrypt/packages/npm-bcrypt.js:9:1
at packages/npm-bcrypt/packages/npm-bcrypt.js:13:1

Thanks

I have the exact same error. I was able to package the app using demeteorizer and wanted to deploy on the server I get this error… Any help is appreciated

Hi, I stumbled upon the this…Try the solution below and let me know if it worked… I don’t have access to my deployment server yet

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/31050590/node-js-error-1-is-not-a-valid-win32-application

I managed to get this working by following the instructions given in above SO post. Now able to host Wekan on windows 2012 server

Steps

Delete the folder containing npm-bcrypt on the deployment server inside your project folder (…programs\server\npm).

On the deployment server, run:

npm install bcrypt
And it will re-install bcrypt inside the …programs\server\node_modules which should solve that error for you. In addition, you will need Python >2.5 and <3.0 to properly handle fibers. If you install the latest version it likely won’t work properly.

Thanks Aditya, I will give it a go.

I’d like to get a Wekan site running / hosted on a windows server. I am unfamiliar with what it takes to get that done. Do I first have to follow the steps to Install from Source on Windows to basically get a dev environment up and running on a separate windows box, build and then deploy to the server (IIS web server) somehow? Are there any steps outlined to achieve this somewhere I haven’t yet found?

Windows install docs:

This is old closed forum. In future, please use GitHub issues: