Can cards be recurring?

let’s say you want to make sure you never ever forget again to pay your rent … is there any way to have such a recurring task to appear automatically at a predefined moment (let’s say the 1st of each month?

Yes. Make a script that reads time, and adds new card using REST API

thanks for the hint. I may be able to glue a shell script together of any kind but that’s about all the ‘coding’ I am capable of. Neither would I know how to use the API to connect to wekan unfortunately.

Has anyone done such a thing? And may be able to share the efforts?

EDIT: thinking a bit about it you’d need to …

1. write a (shell) script that creates a card (I guess that would be a JSON file?), sends that to WeKan (unassumingly using the mentioned REST API) and
  2. run such a script using a cron job at the desired creation time

any hints how this could be achieved? You’d need to know how a JSON (if that’s the right format) for a card looks like and how to send that through the REST API.

looking at this now https://github.com/wekan/wekan/issues/396 I guess that’s what the API basically does, so I guess you’d need to understand that AND know how a cards JSON is supposed to look like.

Could you utilize the json of the entire board to achieve such?

Json file of WeKan board lacks json formatting

@vrms

Please continue discussing using REST API in that REST API GitHub Issue if you still are having problems.